We Stand By Our Clients

Huntington Personal Injury Attorneys For Life-Altering And Catastrophic Injuries

Accidents that result in injuries are tragic. They are even more traumatic if the accident happened because of someone else’s negligence. When that accident results in a life-altering and catastrophic injury, they are devastating. If you or someone you love has sustained a serious injury in West Virginia, like a brain injury, burns or a spine injury as the result of someone else’s negligence, our Huntington personal injury attorneys want to help you recover damages for your losses.

Permanent And Debilitating Injuries

A catastrophic injury is any sort of injury that leaves permanent or life-altering damage. Catastrophic injuries can include:

  • Spinal cord injuries or paralysis
  • Amputations or the loss of a limb
  • Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
  • Burns
  • Permanent scars or disfigurement

A serious or debilitating injury can happen in any sort of major accident like a car accident, a motorcycle crash or a commercial vehicle collision. But serious and catastrophic injuries can even occur from seemingly minor accidents. For example, a premises liability accident in which a falling object hits someone in exactly the right place to cause major damage or a dog attacks a child causing permanent disfigurement.

Damages In A Catastrophic Injury Case In West Virginia

In any action for negligence, a victim can seek damages to compensate for the economic losses they suffered due to their accident injuries. Economic damages include medical expenses and lost wages. However, in a case to recover damages for catastrophic injuries, an accident victim is more likely to also claim and receive noneconomic damages for emotional pain and suffering.

Have You Suffered A Serious Injury? Consult A Personal Injury Lawyer For Free.

Our personal injury attorneys offer a free consultation appointment to assess your case and answer your questions. To schedule your no-obligation, free appointment, call our office at 304-522-7730 or send us an email using our online form.