Commercial Vehicle, Semitruck And 18-Wheeler Accidents In West Virginia
With mountainous regions and regular inclement weather, it’s no wonder that West Virginia was recently ranked as the eighth most dangerous state for dangerous roads. Dangerous road or not, any accident between a tiny passenger vehicle and a big rig truck might not end very well for the passenger vehicle. Our personal injury attorneys at Sammons Olivero & Paraschos in Huntington have over 40 years of combined experience representing clients in West Virginia who have been injured in automobile accidents, including accidents with semitrucks, 18-wheelers and commercial vehicles.
Common Causes Of Truck Accidents
In the state of West Virginia, anyone who is at fault for an accident will have to pay damages caused by their negligence. In a truck accident, there are several parties who could be at fault, including:
- The driver for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- The driver for driving while fatigued
- The trucking company for failing to properly train or schedule drivers
- The trucking company for failing to properly maintain its trucks or equipment
- The trucking company for improperly securing the truck’s cargo
- The manufacturer of the truck for faulty equipment
- The manufacturer of parts used in the truck for faulty parts
When a passenger vehicle is in an accident with a commercial vehicle, there is a lot that could have gone wrong to cause the accident. Our car accident attorneys at Sammons Olivero & Paraschos have the experience and resources to thoroughly evaluate the facts and causes of an accident. They will investigate all of the potentially liable parties to make sure that all negligent parties are held responsible for the damages caused by the accident.
Recovering Damages In A Truck Accident
Those who are injured in an accident with a commercial vehicle, or any automobile accident, may be entitled to the following damages:
- Property damage, like damage to your vehicle or other property that was damaged in the accident
- Medical expenses, like medical and hospital bills or medical equipment needed for your recovery
- Lost wages for days missed from work
The more serious the accident, the more likely an insurance company might try to settle a claim quickly. In a serious accident, never accept an insurance company’s offer to settle without discussing your claims with a personal injury attorney. If you were involved in a catastrophic accident with life-altering or fatal injuries, our experienced personal injury attorneys want to make sure that you receive all of the compensation that you deserve.